Oh So Popular

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bus Ride Thoughts #2 - Blur

No, not a blur, granted this bus ride will indeed be forgettable, no I'm talking about something quite unforgettable: Bizarre Creation's final creation, Blur.

In short this quickly became one of my favorite racers of all time. A game that embraced the old Need for Speed arcade handling then made sweet love to Mario Kart. This game was visceral, and yet abstract and silly, intensely competitive and skill demanding, yet accessible and fun to learn. It was everything I wanted it to be. The multiplayer remains awesome to this day, it's only unfortunate that I'm still too good at racing games for my usual crowd of gamer friends.

A freaking awesome soundtrack accompanied this well thought out kart-ish racer and I only wish more people gave it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment